As 2010 draws to a close, we’re looking ahead to the upcoming new year and forthcoming changes in our industry. Read on for our analysts’ predictions on the marketing and branding trends of 2011 – and how you can take advantage of these trends to propel your business:
- Value: The economy is still recovering, and that means customers won’t be spending just because they want something. They need a reason, and your brand needs to provide a strong sense of value.
- Ethos: Part of creating a brand that stands out from the crowd is standing for something that’s meaningful to your clientele. It’s not enough to donate to the hot cause of the day; you need to make your message sincere, believable, and tie it in with your product branding in a way that connects emotionally with customers.
- Web Promotions: There’s no better place than the Internet for getting the word out and raising excitement about a brand. Online coupons and promotions will be huge in the new year.
- Social Media: Instead of hearing about your products from you or through traditional marketing, most customers get notified of new offerings online, from social media friends and review sites. It’s a game-changer that many companies still haven’t figured out how to use to their advantage, but will be increasingly important in 2011.
- Expectations: Thanks to the web and the proliferation of social media, there’s more competition than ever – and that means higher expectations from your customers. Delivering great products and services isn’t enough anymore – you have to go above and beyond just to get on the same playing field.
The web really has changed the way we do business, and it looks like those changes are here to stay. Brand engagement changes the way customers view the businesses and authorities they used to feel estranged from – and that can be both very empowering and very scary for businesses.
Are you ready to learn new tricks, rebrand yourself, and get involved? Contact us for expert guidance.