As advances in technology and the rising use of big data make online marketing more complex, businesses are increasingly turning to marketing automation to help them save time, improve efficiency, and boost the ROI of their marketing campaigns.
How does lifecycle marketing automation help?
Most Internet marketers have to-do lists a mile long of tasks that would improve the performance of websites and email marketing campaigns, but there simply aren’t enough hours in the day. Marketing automation gives you more time by automating repetitive tasks—in short, it enables you to do more with less.
Studies have shown that marketing automation pays off. At least one analysis demonstrates that it boosts revenue, with one-fifth of companies reporting revenue increases of 75 percent or more after implementing marketing automation.
On the whole, the marketing automation industry is projected to reach $1.9 billion by 2020.
Lifecycle Marketing automation done right
Despite its proven effectiveness, only around 16 percent of B2B companies in North America are using marketing automation right now. Many companies don’t implement these strategies because they aren’t sure what to look for in a marketing automation solution—and if you’re not careful, you could end up spamming and annoying your prospects instead of converting them.
Here are some best practices for choosing a marketing automation system that delivers results for your business:
- Customization: Look for a solution that allows you to personalize the customer experience—for example, enabling a website to show the most relevant content to visitors
- Triggers: Effective marketing automation software allows you to set triggers that set specified automation processes in motion when a visitor takes a certain action, which improves the customer experience on your site
- Follow-up capabilities: Marketing automation helps you tackle issues like abandoned shopping carts, with automated processes that send reminders to customers after they’ve taken certain actions
- Multipurpose: Effective marketing automation solutions have cross-channel capabilities, and can be personalized across web, mobile, and email platforms
- Feedback: Good marketing automation platforms help you gather customer feedback through various personalized strategies