Have you made any of these crucial marketing mistakes?
- Infrequent contact: It’s up to you to keep your brand in the forefront of your customers’ minds. You do that by not only getting a Facebook page, Twitter account, and mailing list up and running, but by using these tools to send short, friendly, interesting information to your customers on a regular basis. By staying visible, you’ll be more likely to be the go-to brand when someone needs your services.
- Selling your story, not your customer’s: While a select few customers might care to know that you’ve been in business for twenty years and helped 6 million people, most are much more interested in what you can do for them. Don’t waste time branding your story or your experience unless it’s directly related to how you can provide value to your target customer.
- Obsessing over originality: Some say you’ve got to be original to be noticed. Others claim it’s all been done before and there are no truly original ideas. Which do you believe? Either way, original or not, get out there and spread your message! Just be yourself and promote your services; after all, you can’t be found if you’re flying under the radar.
- Ignoring your customers: Do you often receive feedback on your social media accounts or by email that you’re not sure how to handle? That’s great! Any feedback is a chance for your company to connect with users and refine your marketing strategy. If you don’t know how to interact with your customers online, hire someone who does, or find a consultant who can teach you smart strategies to use this information to its greatest effect.
- 5. Overselling: It might be tempting to use your social media pages to promote, promote, and promote some more, but that’s the number one way to make people tune you out or outright block you. Now that people expect their favorite companies to interact with them personally, branding your business online takes more than promotions. Connection and communication is the name of the game, rather than selling. If you don’t understand social media, it’s always wisest to hire a consultant who can teach you to create an online persona that will help your business thrive online.
Have you committed any of these social media branding mistakes? It’s never too late to change your course and start a new online branding strategy. Contact us if you have any questions – we can help!