With so many people going online through mobile devices, your business website needs to be accessible and functional across multiple platforms for all screen sizes. It’s frustrating for consumers to search for information on the go—only to find tiny fonts, crowded pages, and links that are impossible to tap.
The people you’re trying to reach with your business are using mobile. Are your emails tailored to their needs? According to a new report from Yesmail Interactive, 49 percent of all email opens are now happening on mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets. However, the average click-to-open rate across all industries is higher on desktops—by 100 percent. While email open rates on desktops are a strong 23 percent, the same rates on mobile are just 11 percent.
The whole world is going mobile online—and that includes Australia in a big way. According to the Australian Mobile Phone Lifestyle Index:
- 76 percent of mobile phone owners have a smartphone
- 79 percent obtain information online—including researching products, services, and companies—with their phones
- 42 percent have made online purchases from their phones
- 17 percent make mobile online purchases at least once a week
- Of course, being online means people all over the world have access to your company, so your customer base can expand beyond Australia-wide. There are more than 1.5 billion smartphones in the world. How does your website look on a smaller screen?
In Australia, smartphones are on track to becoming the new personal computer. In a recent study by Google and IPSOS Social Research, Australia ranked second in the world for smartphone penetration—surprisingly, behind only Singapore, not the United States. Nearly half of Australians research businesses on their smartphones, and a quarter of them make mobile purchases.
In other words, your customers have gone mobile. Is your business keeping up?