Both our work and our social lives are increasingly tied to technology. As this technology changes, our language changes with it. We invent new phrases and concepts to help us communicate in this ever-evolving world, and sometimes it can be hard to keep up with the new digital vocabulary. This quick primer will get you up to speed with all of the most recent e-terminology.
The whole world is going mobile online—and that includes Australia in a big way. According to the Australian Mobile Phone Lifestyle Index:
- 76 percent of mobile phone owners have a smartphone
- 79 percent obtain information online—including researching products, services, and companies—with their phones
- 42 percent have made online purchases from their phones
- 17 percent make mobile online purchases at least once a week
- Of course, being online means people all over the world have access to your company, so your customer base can expand beyond Australia-wide. There are more than 1.5 billion smartphones in the world. How does your website look on a smaller screen?